Saturday 1 October 2011

#43 Remarque: "Young Pointers on a Grasshopper"

When I was a kid growing up in Oklahoma, my father had English Pointers.  The first dog I ever hunted behind was his bitch he called Betty.

One summer while Oklahoma was inundated with grasshoppers Betty gave birth to a litter of pups.  I delighted in watching the pups grow up and remember them playing with and pointing grasshoppers.

I was reminded recently by my friend, Texas art dealer, hunter and dog lover Bubba Woods that bird dog people don't want their dogs down on grasshoppers.  As a bird dog owner myself and as one who has worked with trainers to school my Brittany, I am well aware of this fact.

I couldn't resist, however, using this pose:  A remembrance of times past.


Young pointers on a Grasshopper
10"H 24"W 9"D



"Never judge a work of art by it's defects."
                               Washington Allston




Go to the BLOG INDEX on the right for more information.

Blog, text, photos, drawings, and sculpture . . . © Sandy Scott and Trish

No comments:

Post a Comment