Saturday 22 October 2011

#61 In the Studio: Lake of the Woods



A friend of mine has a lab and I modeled a head study of her dog this week at the studio in Canada.   Labs are popular as both a sporting dog and a pet.  If ever there was a dog considered to be "universal", it has to be the Labrador Retriever. I had a chocolate lab years ago and know what's it's like to be under their spell.

I now own a Brittany (that's her in the image to the right) who I love as much as any dog I've ever owned. . .in fact - she owns me.  Trish and I will take her on her first partridge hunt tomorrow.








Clay model of Labrador Retriever Bookends



Go to the BLOG INDEX on the right for more information.

Blog, text, photos, drawings, and sculpture . . . © Sandy Scott and Trish

No comments:

Post a Comment