Tuesday 25 October 2011

#64 Remarque: "Dabbling and Diving Duck Decoys" - Original etchings



I became interested in original printmaking while attending Kansas City Art Institute in the early 60s'.  By the mid 70s' my sepia-toned, transparent watercolored etchings were in galleries from Maine to California and beyond.

In 1982 I created my last portfolio of etchings and concentrated on sculpture.  Shortly afterwards my master printer printed out some of the small editions and they were put in storage for the future.

I recently started showing them again in select galleries and enjoyed sales at the National Museum of Wildlife Art's Western Visions Original Print Gallery in Jackson, Wyoming this fall.  I smiled when I overheard someone ask the question at the show: "Is she the same Sandy Scott that does sculpture?"
It put into focus how many years my original prints have been locked away and how much I want to reintroduce this early work.

    
         
Diving Duck Decoys
Canvas back
Goldeneye
Scaup
Redhead
Ring Necked
11 3/4 x 7 3/4
Dabbling Duck Decoys
Mallard
Green-winged Teal
Pintail
Black Duck
Widgeon
11 3/4 x 7 3/4 caption



Go to the BLOG INDEX on the right for more information.

Blog, text, photos, drawings, and sculpture . . . © Sandy Scott and Trish

1 comment:

  1. Sandy, I love your sculpture but these etchings are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete