Monday 9 January 2012

#130 In the Studio: Packing for Arizona and Wolf Moon


As the cold wind howls outside the studio window, I'm starting to pack for the Arizona studio.  I will headquarter in the little studio south of Sedona until spring while a small staff remains here to take care of responsibilities.  Every year I leave the harsh Wyoming winter in January and escape to the beautiful Arizona sun.
I have work to finish before I go and will begin my Arizona experience as I have for the past 25 years: teach a sculpture workshop at Scottsdale Artist School.


Full moon last night:
January moon is called 
the Wolf Moon.

Amid the cold and deep snows of midwinter, the wolf packs howled hungrily outside Indian villages. Thus, the name for January’s full moon.  It was also referred to as the Old Moon, or the Moon After Yule.  These names date back to Native Americans of what is now northern United States and southern Canada.



Eyes of the Wild
9"H 8"W 7"D


Go to the BLOG INDEX on the right for more information.

Blog, text, photos, drawings, and sculpture . . . © Sandy Scott and Trish

No comments:

Post a Comment