Sunday 23 December 2012

#363 In the studio: Living with art


Over the years, I've had the pleasure of meeting many of America's finest wildlife painters.  One  of the best is Greg Beecham.  I first meet Greg in 1989 on a wildlife artist's trip to Alaska that included the late Bob Kuhn, who so many of us revere.  Greg's father, Tom Beecham, as well as Bob, were excellent illustrators and both had a great influence on my work when I left art school and ventured into commercial art.

Greg is among the finest painters of wildlife and landscape working today and our paths cross frequently at art shows. Shown below, is one of my little Mule Deer studies under Greg's painting of a Whitetail Deer.  He knows the animal and I love the masterful way he blends the figure into the habitat.  You can tell he's been there.



No comments:

Post a Comment